Please note we are once again closed and under lockdown, the below info will be updated as soon as possible
We are so excited that we finally get to be a pub.... again. Of course things may be a little different to how you remember them.
Its for this reason, that we have done a break down for you below of any change you may notice to our normal procedures and ways of operating. We hope this will help you prepare for your visit.
We know it may all sound a little sterile and cold, but we need to ensure your safety and ours. Your experience is still going to be as homely and comfortable as you remember provided we all work together.
Last Updated: 3/12/2020
Eating and Drinking
- We will be operating a BOOKING ONLY system upon opening, this is so that we can manage the number of guests in house and the staffing levels needed
- You will be given a 2 hours time slot, please arrive promptly and understand that our team need to thoroughly clean your table, chairs etc before the next guests arrive
- In line with government guidelines for tier 2, we will now only be able to seat 1 household or support bubble indoor, and the rule of 6 applies outdoors.
- We ask kindly that you do not attempt to move or join tables together.
- In line with government advise and to help with the NHS test and trace program, your details will be retained for 21 days after your visit and we ask that you scan the app on arrival.
- We are registered as a data controller with the ICO and your data will be stored securely and not shared with anyone other than the NHS test and trace team, if so required.
- You will find hand sanitiser stations at all entrances and exits, please use these whilst with us
- Please maintain appropriate social distancing whilst visiting us, this includes with our team members.
- all team member will be wearing face coverings, we ask that you do the same when entering, exciting and moving around the pub.
- Upon entering you will directed to your table by a member of the team
- It is no longer possible to request specific tables, as we need to ensure that adequate spacing between all bookings is maintained.
- You will notice that tables have been removed to ensure we comply with the 1m + social distancing rules
- There will be adequate signage and our team will be on hand to help
- Our public toilets will now be bolted and operate on a 1 in 1 out policy to ensure social distancing is maintained
- We will be offering full table service, indoors and outdoors. No one is permitted to sit, stand or order from the bar
- You will find a breakdown of our procedure on your menu, please familliarise yourself with this
- In busier periods please bear with us, we have had to reduce our team size to ensure we comply with social distancing
- Please use contactless or card payments where ever possible
Staying the night
- When checking in, please approach the desk taking social distancing into mind
- A team member will be on hand to help you shortly
- Please note that we will no longer be offering to carry your bags, of course if you need a hand, we will help
- The member of staff checking you in will no longer enter your bedroom to show you around. Instead you will be given the key and taken to your room
- You will find a well-equipped welcome pack in your room, please ensure that this is studied
- Each room will be supplied with a complimentary hand sanitiser which you are encouraged to keep and use throughout your stay
- Unfortunately we will no longer be doing room tidy’s for anyone staying more than 1 night, if you would like fresh towels etc please let us know via the door hanger in your room, these will then be placed outside your bedroom door for you.
- In the morning our breakfast buffet will no longer be self service, instead an order for all continental options will be taken and delivered to your table.
- In line with government advise and to help with the NHS test and trace program, your details will be retained for 21 days after your visit.
- We are registered as a data controller with the ICO and your data will be stored securely and not shared with anyone other than the NHS test and trace team, if they do require
Some points to remember
- Our team are doing all they can to keep you and them safe, we are only following the guidelines we have been supplied with. Your cooperation an understanding would be appreciated.
- Any abuse to any member of the team will no be tolerated and you will be asked to leave
- This is a stressful time for us all, but our aim is to ensure your visit is as care free and relaxing as possible
We are very much looking forward to welcoming everyone back to the Pheasant, if you need any further information please send us an email to email@example.com